Never run out of ideas for dental social media posts again - at least not for the next year, or so!
Social networks and blogging are extremely important marketing components for dental clinics, yet for those tackling marketing on their own, brainstorming can be one of the most difficult parts of running any kind of social media campaign. We're commonly tasked with coming up with social media content as a part of marketing strategy for our clients, so we thought we'd share some ideas about:
- What to post about?
- What issues can we explain to patients?
- How to make these posts interesting and strategic?
Let your creativity flow! Your dental practice social feeds will never feel boring anymore. Let's dive in!
The importance of good content in posts for dentists
If you've published the same types of content over and over again, it's time to change and try some new ideas. Content is an essential part of any marketing strategy, so you should think carefully before posting on your social networks or on the practice blog. Will be post be relevant to your audience? Does it fall in line with your brand?
Relevant posts have several benefits, such as:
- help to make your dental practice relevant and position you as an authority in subjects in which you are an expert
- alleviate the worries and provide valuable information for your target audience
- improve your positioning in search engines, such as Google, which helps more people discover and find your dental clinic
- promote engagement with your brand, improving customer loyalty
- assist in the buyer's journey, making your patients and potential patients understand more about the importance of your dental services
All of this means more patients, increased loyalty, and differentiation of your dental clinic from your competition.
Social media post ideas for dentists
In order for your social media posts to be effective, it is essential that you know your target audience very well. After all, a relevant post for some people may not be as interesting for others. So focus on understanding exactly who your patients and potential patients are, their age, the main concerns, types of treatment they seek, income range, education level, etc. The more information you have, the more accurate your posts will be and the more relevant they will be. Below are some ideas that you can incorporate into your social media strategy:
1. Oral health tips
Knowing how to care for and maintain oral health is extremely important and fundamental for all patients. Generally, these posts are very engaging, so it’s worth tailoring them to the characteristics of your audience. If you provide dental care for children, for example, you can think of posts with tips that teach parents how to brush and care for their children's teeth. For an older audience, it is possible to think of tips to preserve oral health in old age. In addition to these, there are basic themes that are always successful, such as: correct ways to floss, better toothbrushes, correct way to brush your teeth, how to take care of your gum health, etc...
2. Oral aesthetics
If you provide services in this area, take advantage of your posts to explain the techniques, for whom they are indicated, and the possible results. For example, how to whiten teeth, gum plastic surgery, whitening techniques, and others.
Here the possibilities of social medi post topics are also quite varied. You can explain, for example, the relationship between headaches and TMJ, the types of braces available, the importance of orthodontics for children, what types of braces are most used in childhood, from how old the child needs to be to use braces and other issues.
4. Dental clinic life and innovations
In addition to taking questions from your patients, use your social networks to demonstrate your clinic's uniqueness. One tip is to use the 80-20 rule. That is, 80% of informative content and 20% of marketing content. In this 20%, think of videos, images, and stories demonstrating your dental clinic's equipment, the backstage of everyday work, the courses your staff is taking, the recent dental innovations brought to the market, the comfort offered to patients, and everything that makes it your unique and exclusive practice.
Other social media post ideas for dentists
Need even more ideas? Here are some more dental social media post topics you can use for your blog or social media platforms:
5. What is bruxism and what are its main causes?
6. What problems can a missing tooth bring?
7. How often do I need to go to the dentist?
8. Mouthwash is bad for your health: myth or truth?
9. From what age is it indicated to brush your baby's teeth?
10. What causes caries and what are the main symptoms?
11. What are the risks of prolonged use of pacifiers and bottles?
12. What is gingivitis?
13. Is bleeding gum normal?
14. What are the problems caused by crooked teeth?
15. Headaches and dental malocclusion: what is the relationship?
16. Does your child breathe through their mouth? Understand how it affects their teeth.
17. When should I take my child to the dentist?
18. What causes toothache?
19. What is the maximum age to have a dental implant?
20. What is a root canal treatment?
21. I am afraid of a dentist. What now?
22. What leads to tooth loss and how to prevent it?
23. At what age can you use an orthodontic appliance?
24. Invisible braces: what are they and how do they work?
25. Myth or truth: are patients with dental implants more likely to develop gum problems?
26. Is it true that coffee stains your teeth?
27. What are the cares after a tooth whitening?
28. Lenses or facets: which is the best for you?
29. Can teenagers whiten their teeth?
30. What are the signs that my child needs to use a device?
31. Myth or truth? Sugar causes caries.
32. Is it true that sugar-free gum helps fight cavities?
33. Is sedation dentistry safe during pregnancy?
34. Dental health during pregnancy.
35. How to choose the right dentist?
Social media post ideas for dentists: in conclusion
Now that you have ideas for content for virtually the entire year, you can get to work creating it! If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us, and remember that we offer comprehensive marketing services for dental clinics, including copywriting, blogging, and social media management. We serve clients in Canada and the US, and would love to offer you a quote!
We hope you enjoyed our insights! Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get notified of new articles: